The Aspis shield protects the SiOnyx Aurora lenses from scratches and impacts.
- 3D printed out of PETG ♳
- The walls are thick and strong (the external diameter Ø is 55.8mm)
- Partially flexible so the hood can be easily slid over the Aurora but tough enough so you’ll not lose it
- Allows focus adjustment
- Aspis-G features a double notch that can be aligned with the camera’s focus mark
There are 2 available models:
- Aspis-S (on the right) – slim and smooth surface.
- Aspis-G (on the left) – has notches for better grip with gloves 🧤 and focus index mark.
- The lens are made from PLEXIGLAS® which is 4mm thick.
Clarity test 🔍
- The 4mm PLEXIGLAS® does not interfere with the camera lens at all. See here the clarity test filmed with the Aurora itself.
Impact test 🥊
- The 4mm PLEXIGLAS® is strong enough that it resisted multiple impacts of a 0.20 grams BBs traveling at 90 m/s (~1 joule).
- In the clip a Tokyo Marui P226 was used (which according to Japan laws is exactly under 1 joule). Considering that and the safety rules of different action sports (airsoft, paintball, etc.) the shield should protect from most of the impacts.
- The shield was broken when shot at with a 0.45 grams BB around 130m/s from point blank 💥.